Sign up for #AtoZChallenge 2014 | Service from Heart: Sign up for #AtoZChallenge 2014

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Sign up for #AtoZChallenge 2014

I sign up for A-to-Z Challenge 2014. 

What is AtoZChallenge
In brief: 26 posts. 26 days. 26 letters of the alphabet, one post beginning with each letter, in April.

In more details:
The A to Z Challenge is posting every day in April except Sundays. The challenge was first started by Arlee Bird, @Tossing it Out (http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/) in 2010.  

I first learned about this challenge through Damyanti who likes my Life Map.  
Thank you Dear! 

Please follow 543. "Service from Heart (CU)"
CU stands for Culinary category. 

Fun is important! Hopefully, we also learn to be more committed and practice discipline through this challenge. 

Inspirations:
♥I have been sharing alphabets with baby Ren every night, from A to Z. Flashing him cards and noticing how attentive this little boy is very encouraging. I want to go further to learn together using the alphabets, explore new experiences for us through multi media and multiple senses.

♥ Every time I sing "A B C D E F G ...." to baby Ren, it flows effortlessly from my mouth. How is about singing in reverse, "Z Y X W V U T ..."? It is not as easy as the former. Can you quickly say Z to A as fast as A to Z? Honestly, I cannot (at least for now). How is about also doing A-to-Z Challenge in reverse order? 

Ideas
♥ For A-to-Z Challenge, each of my post will be related to food or recipe. The food is ideally inspiring, healthy and natural. 

It is relatively challenging to get baby Ren to eat and I hope that these efforts will grow his interests on food. Simultaneously, I also plan to share with him the names of the food in Indonesian and Chinese Mandarin. Learning about food also stimulates almost, if not all, our senses (visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile).  

♥ For Z-to-A Challenge, each of my post will be related to concepts or ideas that can enhance our happiness, especially simple happiness. 
Think of G for Gratitude, S for Smile, or H for humility. Thinking of them brings smiles to me. 

Finally not to forget 3 little tips:
1. KISS : Keep It (our post) Simple & Short. I aim for a visual (images / photos / videos) and ~ 300 words per post, simply because an adult reads prose text on average at 300 words per minute.

2. Use a spreadsheet to brainstorm and pre-schedule for our posts. This little effort is like building a quick blueprint for our little toy castle. It serves only as a guideline, not a hard rule. Imagining possibilities can be very fun! Please feel free use and modify my spreadsheet to suit your preferences. 

3. Visit other blogs participating in A-to-Z Challenge. Give supports, comments and likes. A sense of community and friendship can synergistically motivate us to create better things in life for ourselves and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment