Postcards from Dubai Mall, United Arab Emirates | Service from Heart: Postcards from Dubai Mall, United Arab Emirates

Monday 10 November 2014

Postcards from Dubai Mall, United Arab Emirates

Inspired by Americans who love superlatives, I am grateful for a visit to the Dubai Mall (迪拜购物中心) of UAE - the world's largest shopping mall (based on total area).

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates the butterflies

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates the butterflies fashion

Dubai Mall was developed by Emaar Properties, that also own Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world as of today).

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates burj khalifa

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates burj khalifa

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates burj khalifa

Visiting Dubai Mall on almost on her sixth anniversary (it first opened on 20081104) was a blessing for me. I always love birthdays, not only of mine but also of others. Birthday = a reason to celebrate the miracles of being alive and continuous growth.

We drove from Abu Dhabi to Dubai on a morning of sand storm. We could not see very far, but I managed to catch a glimpse of Burj Al Arab from far far away. Our petite beautiful driver was hungry, so we stopped at a gas station with a McDonald.

servicefromheart uae best coffee ADNOC


Fabrice said the most delicious coffee in UAE is the one sold by ADNOC. For me, I still love South East Asian roasted coffee the most.

Although I grew up as a child in Jakarta, where malls are ubiquitous, I had also called Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, UK my home. In a town like Cambridge, malls (not to mention malls with inspiring design) are not common, though I appreciate the convenience of shopping in small supermarkets and shops. 

Dubai Mall has more than 1,200 stores. We had a lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, which I had heard about while living in La Jolla, California but had not have a chance to visit until today. I ordered (1) fresh kale salad and (2) portabella mushroom avocado and zucchini fries. i also sampled (3) beets with goat cheese comprises fresh beets, apples, baby arugula & pecans, (4) burger (5) salmon (6) chicken. Consequently, I had no more space left for the dessert. I will be back for trying the cheesecake!

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates  cheesecake factory

The Dubai Mall implements courtesy policy: shoulders and knees should be covered, no kissing or overt display of affection in the mall, no smoking in the mall, no dangerous activities (e.g. sport games, rollerblading, skateboarding), no pets are allowed in the mall.

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates aquarium
My impromptu tour guide once worked in the construction of a nearby hotel. He told me that when things were challenging, they de-stressed by gazing the fish swimming in a carefree manner, without worrying about the burden of life and work.

Herein, may I please suggest a must-do list in @TheDubaiMall:
  1. Visit the Dubai Aquarium and Discovery Centre. Admission fees range from AED 80-110. Dubai Aquarium Underwater Zoo reminds me on a night sleepover in the Underwater World, Sentosa Island Singapore; thank you Luke How!   
  2. Cage snorkeling with the sharks (AED 290)@ the Dubai Aquarium.

  3. servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates
  4. In Dubai Ice Rink in Dubai Mall, imagine the romance of ice-skating as described by the ballet-loving and warm-hearted Veronica Weston of the Sadler Wells by Lorna Hills. Remember to bring a pair of socks. 
  5. Appreciate candies and chocolates in the 2010 world's largest sweet shop "Candylicious" spanning over 10,000 sq ft (930 m2) inside Dubai Mall. I bought a Belgian dark chocolate for our driver simply because the cover girls remind me on her. Thank you for driving us safely! I also bought a 70%-cacao Mucha-covered chocolate by Chocolate Amatller for myself. 

  6. servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates candylicious belgium chocolate

    servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates candylicious
  7. Imagine yourself as an Alibaba being surrounded with the glitters in Dubai Mall's Gold Souk. Caveats: (1) unlike Alibaba, you must pay the price before taking any gold out of the souk (2) "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
  8. servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates  gold souk
  9. At The Emirates Official Store in Dubai Mall, be a captain of the Emirates A380 - the world's largest aircraft.  A 30-minute session of simulator flight costs AED 350. I am also grateful for my past experience of flying A380 with Singapore Airlines and Qantas, and look forward to flying A380 with Emirates. 
  10. Experience the Dubai Fountain - the world's largest dancing fountain, designed by California-based WET, the creators of the Fountains of Bellagio in Las Vegas. I recommend the daily evening shows every 30 minutes from 6:00pm to 11:00pm.
  11. Enjoy bird view of the Arabian Gulf and desert from level 124 of the world’s tallest tower, At the Top, Burj Khalifa (first inaugurated 20100104). Dated & Timed Adult ticket costs AED 125, < 12 years old AED 95, < 3 years old free. Fast track ticket costs AED 400.
  12. Meet and Pose with the DubaiDino, the original skeleton of a long-necked, whip-tailed vegetarian sauropod (Amphicoelias brontodiplodocus member of the family Diplodocidae) that is over 155 million years old, and of 80 ft (24.4 metres) long and 25 ft (7.6 metre) high. When it was alive, it weighted as heavy as five elephants. The dinosaur could have died during drought in a natural trap - Dana Quarry, Wyoming, USA. I love to imagine arriving at a world we have heard of only in stories such as Jurrasic Park.
    servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates  dinosaur dubaidino

  13. Pose with the Dubai Mall Waterfall, designed by Singapore-based DP Architects. This is my favorite artwork.
    servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates waterfall

  14. Visit Kinokuniya bookstore and forget the time.
    servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates  kinokuniya

    servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates kinokuniya

    servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates kinokuniya
    A mango lemonade with some Spanish and Belgium chocolate appear to be ideal companions for a happy reading session.
    "Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is." ~ The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
  15. Do shopping and window-shopping.

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates  mickey mouse
Mickey Mouse with its iconic ears always bring back the happy memory in Disneyland Paris.

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates  pinocchio
Since I could remember, I have loved stories, and Pinocchio was among the first few stories that I read. I appreciate how Jiminy Cricket reminded Pinocchio (and us), "remember always let your conscience be your guide."

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates  vogue
Once, I dreamed of becoming a fashion designer and a fashion model. Everything starts with a dream. I have created handmade dresses for my (only) Barbie girl. Though I am not a professional model, I have done some catwalks in Vancouver and Singapore, to promote the causes that I believe in. Thank you for the opportunities to do so! "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." I always admire beauty, as I do for truth and kindness. I think ... I am highly sensitive to beauty, especially of people and nature that I grow loving more than ever. Beautiful things make me happy.


servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates  keep calm
The design of postcards sold in the Souk Al Bahar (Market of the Sailor) reminds us to "keep calm we still have oil." In 2013, petroleum engineering is the most lucrative college major. Will the situation be still the same several years and decades down the road? I am concerned for our children and grandchildren. I believe in the importance of research and development for alternative renewable energies, because eventually the non-renewable fossil fuels are going to be used up.

servicefromheart travelxp dubai mall uae emirates spinneys
This is the first Spinneys market that I visited in Dubai. It is situated in the Souk Al Bahar (Market of the Sailor).

What's next?
♥ visit Abu Dhabi Yas Mall, the second largest mall in UAE after Dubai Mall. Like Ferrari World and Yas Waterworld, Yas Mall is situated on the Yas Island.
♥ I am grateful to be able to view the world's tallest building hitherto. I also look forward to appreciating the next world's tallest building. I imagine that the future world's tallest building will reach the outer space (perhaps anchored by a satellite for stability) and ordinary people like me, can fulfill our dreams to visit the outer space.
♥ re-visiting postcards from our other #travelxp always evokes special feelings of contentment and excitement.

♥♥♥

Many thanks
ServicefromHeart
20141101

6 comments:


  1. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :oceancashcapital@gmail.com
    Phone number :+16474864724 (Whatsapp Only)

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Credit Card Clearance Loan
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At oceancashcapital@gmail.com
    Phone number :+16474864724 (Whatsapp Only)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative Post! Dubai Mall is remarkably amazing destination to explore. No doubt millions from around the world visit it every year. Even I am traveling to Dubai next month with some of my friends on Tourist Dubai Visa. Will surely explore the gigantic Dubai Mall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a genuine Loan to settle your bills and startup
    business? contact us now with your details to get a good
    Loan at a low rate of 3% per Annual email us:
    Do you need Personal Finance?
    Business Cash Finance?
    Unsecured Finance
    Fast and Simple Finance?
    Quick Application Process?
    Finance. Services Rendered include,
    *Debt Consolidation Finance
    *Business Finance Services
    *Personal Finance services Help
    Please write back if interested with our interest rate datanfincorpfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to thank Mrs Carroll Walker loan firm for giving me a loan of 4,000.00 euro. If you need a quick loan avoid being scammed by fake lenders and apply from a genuine loan company I told myself that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family after being scammed severally by these online loan lenders, I will refer the person to Mrs Carroll Walker loan firm who gave me and my family happiness, although at first I found it hard to trust her because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I was in need of a loan of 4,000.00 euro to start my life all over as a single parent with 2 kids he is indeed a GOD fearing woman, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact her on E-mail infoloanfirm8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. glass works company dubai provides you all kinds of glass and aluminum work in Dubai. Visit and get the prices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOAN OFFER



    Hello, Adakah anda memerlukan pinjaman daripada Syarikat yang paling dipercayai dan boleh dipercayai
    di dunia? jika ya, hubungi kami sekarang kerana kami menawarkan pinjaman kepada semua
    kategori pencari sama ada syarikat atau untuk kegunaan kakitangan.Kami menawarkan
    pinjaman pada kadar faedah 2%, Hubungi kami melalui Whatsapp +918794792073
    mghfbibdgf@gmail.com

    BORANG PERMOHONAN PENCARI PINJAMAN
    *******************************
    1) Nama Penuh:
    2) Jantina:
    3) Amaun Pinjaman Diperlukan:
    4) Tempoh Pinjaman:
    5) Negara:
    6) Alamat Rumah:
    7) Nombor Mudah Alih:
    8) Nombor Faks:
    9) Pekerjaan:
    10) Pendapatan Bulanan:
    11) Tarikh Gaji:
    12) Tujuan pinjaman:
    13) Di manakah anda mendapat iklan pinjaman kami:
    mghfbibdgf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete