Since my childhood, I have paid special respect to farmers worldwide, they are my heroes and heroines. My kiddy picture of farmers are grown-ups who brave the hot suns and cold rains, endlessly bending their bodies to plant paddies so that we can have a bowl of rice on our dining table for every meal. I love drawing such a scene for my drawing class assignments, with a backdrop of blue mountains, dancing coconut tree and the yellow orange sun. Not to forget a little hut (pondok) where the farmers can take a rest.
For #AtoZChallenge on 2014 April 21 Mon, I lovingly present a recipe of steamed rice with peas wolfberries cheese by ServicefromHeart.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes (depends on your rice cooker)
♥ 3/4 cup white rice grain
♥ 3/4 cup frozen garden peas
♥ 1/4 cup wolfberries
♥ 1 slice cheese
Note: use rice cooker cup for measurement.
1. Rinse garden peas and wolfberries. Soak to thaw and makes puffy, respectively.
2. Rinse and gently rub rice grains.
3. Add rice grains and water in 1:2 ratio into rice cooker pot. Add peas and wolfberries.
4. Once rice is cooked, quickly transfer the rice cooker pot out.*
5. Add a slice of cheese. Quickly cover the pot lid to melt the cheese. After 1 minute, gently stir the rice.
* I am using an antique rice cooker, this step is to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Check also our other #5minutemeal recipes.